Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What I've Been Up To...

OK! You may recall that a couple of months ago I looked into the mirror and saw the dreaded, proverbial BEFORE picture looking back at me. Thus, I embarked on learning to do my own hairstyle, eyebrows, went to the library and checked out books on reclaiming our outer beauty, etc. I am happy to say that the BEFORE picture is gone and here are some of the AFTER shots - after I remembered that I was worth taking care of too; after I remembered that it is OK to take time to shape your eyebrows; after I remembered to ask my amazing hair stylist to teach me to do it myself; and after I remembered that I can spend some time in front of a mirror without feeling guilty! So here is what happened after I remembered to enjoy who I am...



My wonderful husband gifted me some time with one extremely talented photographer and friend in the Utah area. My friend, Emily, and I had a blast together getting rid of the before image and putting together a basic head shot for either my real estate business cards, a jacket to a possibly published book or a promo shot for getting commercial print or film jobs. So basically, since I have no idea exactly what I am going to be doing with these pictures, we just had FUN!



Here is that sneak peek that my friends have been requesting. More can be found on Emily's photography blog or her websites - here (select her photo blog and scroll down to find yours truly).

11 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

well my dear you are stunning!!! just stunning!!! you have always been truly beautiful and glowy but in these shots you are a show stopper

Alison said...

You always look beautiful.
But...WOW!!!

Frederick Family said...

What a babe!! I have been feeling the same way. I give, time, energy and talents to my kids, home and hubby and I'm left behind in the dust. I know I'm a better mom, wife and person when I take care of me. Here's to us!!

Jay said...

You are beautiful--inside and out! A wonderful model of what a truly beautiful woman is!

Melissa said...

You truly are gorgeous inside & out!
Thanks for sharing & reminding me that it is ok to take time for me. I think that we all forget & put our family first. Thanks, Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

you have always been beautiful..but you are now stunning! the thing i think that makes you glow is what is on the inside. good for you!!!

love, judi

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, [Sis]. They look fantastic, and I'm glad you got to get away and have some "you time". Kudos to [your husband] for helping make all of this possible for you and to Emily for taking such wonderful pictures. You look fantastic!

Love,
Jason

GramGrampsGazette said...

Wow, these are great! Glad you had such fun doing them and that we got to see you too! Thanks to your honey too for taking on the family while you were off looking gorgemous for the camera!

Tori Black said...

I am so impressed with your approach to self-improvement. And what a nice way to celebrate! Fabulous photos!

fijiangirl said...

Oh love the look... and your eyebrows are to die for!!!!

Loralee said...

Having a friend as goodlooking as you makes me feel better about myself! :)

I love you! You - as always - look gorgeous.