Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Wishes...

I am so very grateful for our four wonderful children. This season, as I was going about getting prepared for Christmas and presents, I found the children's wish list. Among other things one child wrote, "A red jacket for my mother like the one she lost - size Medium in womens" and another child wrote, "A nativity for my mother - she likes them".

I thought I was a great child... but I never remember putting gifts for my wonderful parents on my Christmas wish list! This little discovery brought tears to my eyes and a gratitude to my heart for the sweet kindnesses we all share at Christmas.

So, today I am grateful for tremendous children who are learning that it is as important to give and realize the needs of others are as important or more important than our own!

4 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

that is precious thank you for sharing

Anonymous said...

i am not surprised! i could tell when i met them that they were as wonderful as their parents! you and [your husband] are very lucky!!!
hope you all have a merry christmas and a wonderful new year!

- Gio, Judi and Boys

GramGrampsGazette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Those sweet children have hearts big as can be! So sweet and nice to see they have observed the giving qualities in their parents and others and recognize the joy it can bring to not only the receiever but also to the giver!
Merry Christmas to our "Bunch"!

Hugs and kisses to all!
Love Grammie & Gramps