Sunday, January 25, 2009

A night on the Town... Phantom Theater

While we were in Las Vegas for Christmas we saw "The Phantom of the Opera" in the Phantom Theatre at The Venetian! It was spectacular, of course. It was my husband's first time to see the musical and so I dutifully held back all my remarks until the end of the performance! (That took some work!)

This theatre was designed and the show directed by Hal Prince specifically for this musical. The theatre itself plays a role in the musical and it is just spectacular. I don't want to write any spoilers... but sufficed to say, if you are in the Las Vegas area - it is worth your time to see this classic!

The hotel itself was lovely to walk around in and listen to the gondoliers sing as they floated on the water. The artwork was breathtaking and the ambiance was enjoyable.

2 comments:

Jason said...

It was so fun having you all here. I'm glad you guys got to see Phantom while here...it's an amazing production. I know your husband will want to go back and see all the other musicals they have here!

GramGrampsGazette said...

It was such a great production and a fun night! My first time seeing Phantom and it was amazing! Loved the chandelier and that ceiling too!