Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tip of the Day!


The other day while in a little tienda I picked up some candles and started to search for the best smell. Numerous people passed me and were just looking at me in a more than unusual way. I began to wonder whether or not they had ever seen an American before or whether or not I had an entire leaf of spinach in my teeth and then I sat a candle down and picked up another one to smell - then it hit me... I was smelling candles with the Virgin Mary pictured on the outside! So, the TIP OF THE DAY: It is considered quite sacriligious to smell candles that are used for Catholic ceremonial purposes. Don't smell candles with pictures of any saintly figure on them!

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Awesome! Are you sure the "tienda" didn't actually say "iglesia" on it? Maybe you were supposed to be lighting the candles instead of smelling them! :) Glad you're having lots of "fun" experiences! We love and miss you!

Lana said...

good to know!
I was just looking at your blog and Sierra and jenna walked in so I said "do you recognize them?" S said do they look different? No, but they are in Mexico now. DUh.
I said, I was just wondering if you remembered them. (cause I never know what they pay attention to)
Sierra said "yes, we LOVE the Ballards. We were so sad when they moved and we miss them. Bro. Ballard was so funny and Sis Ballard was so nice!"